Thursday, February 12, 2009

All You Need

A turning point in my life was when I became conscious of love.
I spent most of my early life in a "no love" zone. I felt like I was a burden to my parents.  I felt like I wasn't worthy of people's love. My defense was  that most of my life I kept love for others at arms length. And I used a 10 foot pole when it came to self love.  One day I was sitting in a food court at a mall waiting for my wife.  The mall was crowded so she came walking in looking around, but didn't see me.  I just sat there watching her search and I felt the warm, wonderful rush of love.  For the first time in my life I was conscious of the feelings of love.
After that I started thinking.  What if I felt love for everyone in the food court? How great would that be? And it was great.
Since that day I've fed those seeds of love and they have grown in me.  I love people so easy now. I'm a lot happier.
The freakin’ Beatles were right. 
 
                                                                                                        --Bob Hayes


No comments: